The Clearinghouse Report highlighted over 35,000 violations of DOT regulations that were documented during the month of August. Positive drug tests accounted for 81% of the total violations reported, with marijuana being the #1 drug used.
Understanding the role that cannabis plays both recreationally and medically is complex as the benefits and risks tend to be exaggerated. Our Substance Abuse Professionals (SAPs) are highly trained in the field of behavioral health and have designed an education program to help participants make fact-based decisions about personal use of marijuana. To sign up today, give us a call.
Marijuana education for DOT violations – Now offered via Zoom!
View or Print Program Flyer | PDF version
Understanding the role that cannabis has to play both recreationally and medically is very complex as the strength of available marijuana increases dramatically. The scientific community agrees there is a lot we do not know, and perception of both benefits and risks remains confusing to many.
Our goal is to help participants make fact-based decisions about their personal use of marijuana. Critical thinking can help decipher the barrage of information available to make informed decisions.
Now Offered Virtually! Specially Designed Agenda:
- Informed Choice and Critical Thinking
- Medical vs. Recreational Marijuana
- Marijuana and the Brain: The Endocannabinoid System
- Acute & Prolonged Effects of Cannabis
- Brain Under Construction: Marijuana and the Teenage Brain
- Impaired Driving: Cannabis Impact on Highway Safety
- Harm Reduction Strategies: Harm Minimization Model
- Family Dynamics: Parental Interventions
- Anxiety Management
- Risky Business: Marijuana & Mental Health
To register, Call 410-730-1333
Sessions: Every Monday, 1:00 – 3:00PM
Call to confirm specific dates and times.
Location: Held on Webex, a HIPAA Compliant Software Program. Sponsored by Columbia Treatment Center.
Program cost: $130 per Individual.
Read more about the Operation Impact program.